I absolutely love the November Creative kit from My Creative Scrapbook. The kit includes some chalk board style frames that I wanted to use. For my First Communion layout I wanted to use a frame for my title but my letters were black. I was temped to grab some spare white letters in my stash (you probably are too). Although the white letters would work I stuck with my kit and decided to use the letters I had. In the end I am so happy I did - I couldn't be more please with the look I achieved.
I gathered the letters from the kit, Gesso, a paint brush, and the packaging from the stickers in the kit. I stuck the letters I was going to use on the packaging and dabbed the Gesso on them until I felt they were well covered. By dabbing the paint on I could still see some black showing through.
Once the letters were dry I removed from from the packaging and added them to my layout - so cool!
Looking back, my tip would be to use a crafting mat rather than the packaging like I did. The letters stuck to the plastic more than I had anticipated and they were hard to remove. I peeled most of the sticky backing off of them and tore one letter in the process. I had to add adhesive to the letters to use them. Luckily, I didn't have to redo all the letters! I'm so thrilled I stuck with my kit and didn't reach for my white letters - my finished product turned out so much cooler and it really wasn't that much more work. I hope you'll give it a try sometime too.