Friday, September 12, 2014

New Designs to Share

So far I've only used my blog to share layouts I've made for My Creative Scrapbook.  That is the majority of my monthly scrapbooking.  It takes quite a bit of time for me to design those layouts, get them edited, submitted, posted all over, and a tutorial written.  I love it though and scrapping 6-9 layouts a month is a huge accomplishment.  Still I'll never get caught up.  I also love My Creative Scrapbook because it challenges me to try new techniques and products.  You will continue to see all my My Creative Scrapbook work here on my blog but going forward I'm really going to try to get my other creations posed on my blog too. 

I'd love to share my designs I make for my local scrapbook store, Scrapbook Boutique in downtown Lee's Summit, MO.  I teach classes and design kits for the store.  What I do for the store is a completely different process than what I do for My Creative Scrapbook (www.mycreativescrapbook.com) but it is equally as enjoyable. 

Check out the Scrapbook Boutique on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/scrapls and/or visit the blog, http://www.scrapls.com/

Even if you aren't local Judee, the store owner, can get you a kit if you are ever interested in anything we offer in the store (while supplies last). 

Each month I teach a beginner scrapbooking class.  I call it a beginner class but it really is for all skill levels.  I introduce new scrappers to the basic scrapbooking tools, show attendees how to scrap lift from other layouts and sketches, and each scrapper leaves with a completed two page layout using their own pictures.  I suggest people also attend if they want to expand their skills a little or if they have some photos they really don't know how to go about scrapping.  Each person who attends challenges me to help them create a layout in just a short time (another skill we scrappers could use especially me).  I'd love you to come if you are local or near by visiting.  Each month we post a new sketch we'll work with in class so check out the blog/facebook to see the next class date and the sketch we'll be working with.

The second class I teach might be the most challenging for me, it is a local attractions class.  Each month I choose an event or location around the Kansas City/Lee's Summit area to create a layout about.  I'm always open to suggestions so send them to me or to the store.  Most likely if you suggest it I'll make it.  I try to make each local attraction layout very unique and very specific to that event/location.  Past layouts include the Plaza Lights (probably the one I'm most proud of), Chiefs, Royals, Sporting Kansas City, Pumpkin Patch, Paradise Park, and Fireworks.  Some, like fireworks, are customized to each attendee.  They just make their request for the title and I have it ready for them at class.  Last month, we created a Deanna Rose Layout I love.  Sporting Kansas City classes have passed this month but both Deanna Rose and Sporting Kansas City are available as kits.  Check out the Scrapbook Boutique blog for photos of these kits.  There are also a few Paradise Park kits and Fourth of July kits as well.  Most kits/classes cost $16 and again, we can ship them to you.

Local Attractions - Deanna Rose - I'll have to start photographing the two pages together -sorry buout that.   (or flip over the barn and use that side for a generic farm layout)



The last class I teach each month is my favorite!  I teach a kids class and although it is almost always full of only girls this is a class boys can attend as well - my boys love attending.  Kids usually attend with a parent or other adult but it really depends on the child whether an adult needs to stay with him/her.  Some parents drop their kids off and come back in a couple hours all the while their children are creating friendships and cool creations.  Kids are so creative.  They aren't afraid to put their own personality into their creations.  I learn so much from them.  Every class we create a two page layout and finish with some sort of 3D project.  We've created an Eifel Tower, Christmas ornaments, gift bags, shaker boxes, and this month we are making a Piggy Bank.


I usually have the kids help me decide on a project and most of the time I use my Silhouette for the project (I love my Silhouette).
 
 
Besides classes, I also make kits for the store.  Again they typically sell for $16 and can be shipped but there are limited quantities so be sure to call in or email to order yours as soon as they are available.  We have an email sneak peak that goes out the second Friday of each month.  You'll want to get on that email distribution so you don't miss out on these kits.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can have a University of Missouri kit available in store this Friday.  I'm trying something new in my design and it will feature Truman the Tiger.  All MU fans will want this kit and they will go super fast I guarantee it.
 
For now, remember to check back and I'll show you more of my designs.  I hope you will love them and as a reminder - leave me comments.  I love them!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment