Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September My Creative Scrapbook Kit Reveal Reveals lots of Color!

Hello All, By now hopefully you've visited the My Creative Scrapbook Blog and Design Team Gallery and viewed all the amazing kits and design team creations. I'm a few days late this month unfortunately and I apologize for that! Pam Rangel, My Creative Scrapbook owner, and I are gearing up to host a big crop on Saturday so I'm busy creating for that this week. If you are ever interested in coming to Kansas City and attending a crop with us we'd love to have you visit us. Our next crop is November 2nd. You can find out more by clicking the Crop/Shop tab on the My Creative Scrapbook website, www.mycreativescrapbook.com. For now I'd love to show you the new kits and my designs with the Creative kit. Check back later this month for a tutorial too. First up is the beautiful and colorful Main Kit. I wish I was able to create with this one! It features My Minds Eye Jubilee.
Next up is the Album kit featuring Fine and Dandy for Echo Park. Kristin, the Album designer, has amazed me yet again. This is a fabulous kit.
The Limited Edition kit is stunning as always! It features Authentique and Carta Bella and includes a mask.
**Did you know there are several Add-On kits available form MCS too? These include the Off the Page kit, Flower kit, Project Life kit, and more. Check out the Add-on Kit tab on the My Creative Scrapbook main page. Lastly, the Creative kit is packed full of goodness. Whether you have school aged children or not you will enjoy this kit. It is bright and cheerful and all around wonderful! I hope you enjoy designing with it like me or scrap lifting. If you make a layout with this kit will you share it with me?????? I'd even love to see your scraplifted projects whether it is based on one of my layouts or another designers. Just show them off. I'll even send you a gift for doing so! You will love it!
Here are my creations. I have to say I have some of the best photos to scrap because I have some of the best kids :) and some fantastic nieces and nephews to top it off.
First up is a layout featuring my newly 9year old 4th grader, Charlie. Okay, this is one of the very few photos I scrap that was actually staged - well kind of. I had a photo of him sitting at the computer a few months ago and was going to use it but when I went to print it I couldn't find it so...he was already sitting at the computer anyway so I took another one. It is almost the exact same photo because he is doing the exact same thing - what he always does. I wanted to scrap this photo though because I so rarely scrapbook current photos that I lose track of the feelings of what is happening not just the facts of the photo.
Another very recent photo just taken in early August on our family vacation to Florida. This was actually snapped in Mississippi while visiting some friends. I was trying to take a picture of my friends daughter and my youngest when Chase stepped in front of them as I was snapping. I think photo bombs are really supposed to happen when someone jumps in behind the photographed object/people but Chase does things his own way!
These photos are just a year old. It was Chase's first day of school. I was so nervous. He wasn't! You know, he just started first grade and I don't think I was any less nervous about it. Again, he wasn't! Oh and here you get a peek of my wonderful supportive husband, Matt.
This page almost didn't happen but boy and I happy it did. I have to admit it is my favorite of the month despite the fact my boys aren't in it. My niece, Samantha is absolutely adorable. These photos are a couple years old so I can't believe I haven't scrapped them yet but I'm happy I haven't because they are perfect here. My gift to my sister when she was pregnant was a promise to scrap her daughter. My sister almost cried when I told her that. I love knowing that she loves that I'm doing it for her. I have to admit - I love getting to scrap some girly pages this way too.
This is another last minute layout I created. I was making 5 and a two pager when I realized I had so much paper left I should make more layouts. Isn't Tino adorable! He just turned 6 on the 8th. I can't believe it!
Do you ever have the perfect photos and perfect paper but they don't match because of the colors? Just turn the photos black and white or sepia. Ta-Da. It all works. More very recent photos here - taken August 20th 2014 the first day of school (well really just for Charlie and Chase. Tino started pre-k the week before). I try to grab photos of the kids in the same place every year so I can look back over the first day of school photos from year to year and really see how they've changed.
My niece again. These were taken last spring in my parent's backyard. They have the perfect yard for family gatherings and photography.
My mother has quite a green thumb. Wish I did too. This is one of many pages I've created from photos in my parents backyard. So that is it. Isn't it amazing how many layouts you can make with a MCS kit? Please send your questions and comments to me. If you are scraplifting a page and wonder how I did something I would be happy to help you. Lastly, if you have a suggestion on a tutorial for me please let me know. I NEED suggestions. Happy Creating! Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment