Monday, May 12, 2014

Adding Simple Details helps a Layout Pop

Hi Fellow MCS Croppers, Today I wanted to share some very easy tips on adding details to your layouts. Just grab your journaling pens and start detailing! First, let me show you my family layout before I added some extra embellishments and details.
Now, let me show you how I fancied up this layout. First, I backed some of my pattern paper with cardstock. That helps make each layer more distinct. Then, I grabbed my black journaling pen and started outlining the paper.
Next, I cut out some pattern paper to add more details to the page. Again, I outlined all my flowers to make help them really stand out. I also took the vellum flowers apart, outlined them, and put them back together.
Now check out the final layout.
Here are a few more examples where I added some simple details by just using my journaling pen.
Here is the final layout.
In this layout I just traced around the overlay to make it pop a little more. Then popped it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment