Sunday, March 9, 2014

Party Time

It's time to share another March Creative kit layout and some close ups. Check out all the layouts at www.mycreativescrapbook.com in the design team gallery. Don't forget to look at all the other kits layouts as well.
One of the last layouts I made features my son Charlie with his grandma on his 7th birthday. We celebrated with Dairy Queen ice cream. Although it was one of my last layouts the banner was one of my first visions for this kit. The package of bingo cards includes a mini photo of the cards that are included in the package. I just cut that piece up, added some of my own twine and had an instant and unique banner. Now the pinwheels at the bottom of the page was another early vision that didn't come to reality until the end when I finally decided to go for it. Pam, MCS owner, suggested I cut the straw in half so it would sit better on the layout. What a great idea! Do you know how to create a pinwheel? I cut two squares. One square was about 2 1/2 inches and the other was about 1 1/4. Starting at each point on the square cut into towards the center of the square but not all the way in. Now fold one part of each point in. I hope that helps. No photos of this sorry. I used a pop dot to make the pinwheel sit up a little higher so it would work with my straw half. I should also not that I used the tag included with the kit (with the red boarder). I cut out the center of the tag because it looked too big with it. Don't throw the boarder away though - I used it on my card. Let me know if you have any more questions about this layout. It is so simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment